Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday Blahs..

Blah because I rather be home taking pictures than here knowing its my final days.. and its end of month and it’s really nice out so..why be here?

This weekend was pretty uneventful, we did errands and sorted the massive laundry heap we had collecting. Today we swear we will get to it..plus I believe Mike is low on underoos so I think it’s a definite laundry day.

I decided to rent another lens, this time my reasoning is Mike’s grandma’s surprise birthday party on Saturday. That and I love any reason to experiment with a new lens..

I rented the Canon 85mm EF f/1.2L II, its supposed to take amazing portraits and the pictures I’ve seen with this lens are amazing, plus with a price tag upwards of $1800 it better take amazing pictures. At first I was skeptical to rent a lens that is almost 4X the cost of the camera..however I rented the 85MM f/1.8 for Easter and just loved the results that at F/1.2 my shots should be fantastic. I’ve recruited my friend to be my test subject on this lens Thursday evening. Her apartment is decorated in a way to set an awesome vintage boudoir vibe to this “photo shoot”. I can’t wait to see what wonderful shots come about from Thursday!

No comments: